I never make resolutions because, frankly, I never keep them except when it's convenient. But I've had a month to think about it and I'm ready to commit!
1. Better skin care regimen - hotel sheets and travel stress are doing me no favors
(inspiration from @
3. Read a non fiction book - maybe 2, but I'm thinking my honeymoon reads will likely be at a 16-year-old reading level... P is well read and I'm jealous
4. De-poochy by making healthier food choices - less prosciutto sammies, more greens. And admit that salad doesn't count if all I do is pick off the good toppings...
5. Eat fish at least once a week - lobster drenched in butter, or that escargot I discussed from Chez Fonfon is clearly considered cheating
6. DIY that damn nailhead trim headboard already - http://www.designingbynumbers.com/2011/08/nailed-it.html
7. Quit the gross cuticle/nail picking when stressed - I was just doing it while re-reading this, that took all of 4 minutes to break
8. Grow up and send cards to people, especially the GPs - not just thank-you ones that all start off "Thank you so much for the..."
9. Figure out whether calling out Twitter people on here has any effect - I suspect that I look like an amateur 8th grader throwing around @s like no big thang
10. Get a blog follower. - just one of you little people has to think this is mildlyyyy interesting to read while on the toilet... maybe? Likely not... that's what Garden & Gun and/or Scramble w Friends is for.
11. Get MURRIED! - without tripping, puking or otherwise making a total ass of myself. Except on the dance floor, where it is not only encouraged, but expected.
12. Successfully throw a dinner party - with correct timing and little party favors and the whole nine. Maybe one of these "large format" ones with a big ole wine jeroboam and everything: http://www.foodandwine.com/articles/the-supersize-dinner-party
13. Figure out what to do with our disaster of a backyard - not so lovingly nicknamed the Pit of Despair.
There you have it. I'll check back in 6 months and see how many of these I actually accomplished! I better at least get that married one done :)