Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Hosting: Stock the Bar Party

A couple of weeks ago I co-hosted a Stock the Bar for a couple getting married a few weeks after P and I are due down the aisle.  I've talked about how fun it is to have someone I can bridezilla my heart out to, that totally gets the ridiculousness of negotiating over linens and flowers and such, trying on dresses multiple times to get the right alterations, feeling up a hundred kinds of paper and design to find "the invite"...  It's been crazy but so nice to have a partner in crime!  


I couldn't have been more excited to play a part in throwing the happy couple a little shower to get them started on stocking their house and bar and kicking off the multitude of festivities coming their way!

My co-zilla has the cutest color combo picked out - yellow and gray, super chic and trendy yet classy.  

It was a lot of fun finding fun ways to incorporate their colors into the party, starting with the shower invite I DIY'd here.


My co-hosterita and I went through a bunch of ideas to find fun gifts and favors, which ended up including a traditional bar set, paper goods and these adorable Mr. and Mrs. glasses

For food we kept it really simple and toothpick/finger friendly:
Slow cooker meatballs
Pulled pork from the bride's fav spot: Fat Matt's
Spinach dip
Rotel-velveeta dip
Salted caramel cheesecakes (I made mini ones in a mini muffin pan!)

We toasted the future newlyweds with some really cute and fun S'mores Shooters:

Wish I'd had my blowtorch to light up those mini mallows!
DIY straw flags (in Word!)
Paper straws, dishwashable stadium cups and cocktail napkins featuring
the new couple's monogram (all from Etsy)

A chalkboard welcome!
Balloons floated around dangling the couple's engagement photos at eye level 
Signature mojito cocktail and water jugs
Why do lemons float and not limes?!
The spread!
The adorable happy couple opening their gifts!

3 comments:

  1. Just love it. Last week, one of my friend threw a cocktail party in a bar. We really enjoyed the party with cocktail and high band music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachel, thanks for sharing. I really appreciate your efforts that you put to organize this wedding function.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an amazing post on Stock the Bar Party. Hosting such a successful party is not an easy thing but with the creative skills that you have, one can definitely get success. Even I want to host the cocktail party at the rooftop event space Chicago for my husband’s birthday but instead of the DIY décor, would simply be buying the custom package from the venue staff.

    ReplyDelete

Gimme some love!